The Dublin Snooker Federation League Cup Quarter finals were played on Tuesday 24th March at Joey’s.  Griffith Club were up against Sportslink B who had a 3 frame start and the first team to 7 frames went into the semis.  Martin Garland (Griffith) took the first 2 frames against Joe Lyons (Sportslink B) and Ronan Deegan (Griffith) won through his 2 frames with breaks of 22, 23, 29 and 30 to see off Alex Doyle (Sportslink B) to give Griffith the lead 4-3, for Sportslink B unfortunately their 3rd player did not play giving Daragh Hackett (Griffith) the 2 frames to see Griffith go 6-3 ahead and it was back to the first players Martin and Joe to begin the second round of frames in which Martin won and giving the Griffith Club a semi final place winning 7-3.

Joey’s B the league champions took on the current Cup holders Mountjoy who had a 2 frame start.  Aaron Holland (Joey’s B) levelled the match 2-2 with his 2 nil win over Anthony Clifford (Mountjoy) however Steve Patten (Mountjoy) had a good 2 nil win with a good break of 45 over Liam Evans (Joey’s B) to go 4-2 up.  In the next match between Derek Walsh (Joey’s B) and Joe Roche (Mountjoy) they shared the frames giving Mountjoy 5-3 lead at this stage.  It was then back to the second round matches of 1 frame until a result.  Aaron Holland took his frame against Anthony Clifford 5-4 for Mountjoy, back came Steve Patten to win again against Liam Evans to see Mountjoy go 6-4.  Joe Roche won his frame against Derek Walsh to see Mountjoy through to the semis against Griffith by 7-4.  A great match with lots of drama.

Joey’s A team made up of Mick Walsh, Pat Cowap and Shane Ragazolli got a walkover from the Racecourse. In the final match between Sportslink A and Century City it was again a very close affair.  Sportslink A with a 3 frame start and Century City with 4 frame start made it a close encounter from the beginning.  Dave Seales (Century City) took the 2 frames in his match against Mark Matthews (Sportslink A) to go 6-3 ahead, but Gavin Gahan (Sportslink A) had a good 2 nil win over Gary Seales (Century City) to bring the match close at 6-5 in favour of Century City.

Oisin Mac Fheari (Sportslink A) won the first against Robert Rogers (Century City) to level the match 6-6, the last frame went down to the black ball with both players having chances, but Oisin potted it to take Sportslink A into the semis against Joey’s A and completed the semi final line for Tuesday 31st March next.