The Republic of Ireland Ladies Snooker Association held their Annual General Meeting recently at their Academy in Sharkx Newbridge.
The RILSA Chairman Dan Carroll, gave a comprehensive report on the 2017/2018 season. Dan said “that RILSA went from strength to strength again breaking records and creating new initiatives for the 5th season in a row, an amazing success for our organisation in such a short period”
The following points show the growth and success of RILSA during the season.
- 597 members
- 304 Women & Girls participated in RILSA events since 2014
- 113 Women & Girls participated in RILSA events in the 2017/2018 season
- 140 Snooker Tables now in Schools, Youth Reach Centres, The Wheelchair Association and other locations around Ireland
- RILSA Now have a full Calendar of Events that includes all promotional initiatives introduced over the past 5 years.
- RILSA is the busiest female cue sports organisation in the World, with events every month.
- Carlow County Sports Partnership are supporting our initiatives at County Level
- 86 Entries to the 2018 National Championship was another fantastic achievement for RILSA, breaking the 2017 figure of 78.
- New events organised in the National Intermediate Billiards Championship, National 10 Red Championship that will be held later in the year, National Masters Championship and The RILSA Pink Ribbon Pro-Am. A new Girls Scholarship will commence soon at Sharkx Newbridge.
- A new National Championship Cup was sponsored by Dan Carroll & Annette Newman and supplied by Dubin Trophies.
- Sponsorship towards the 2018/2019 RILSA Tour was secured by RILSA from Sharkx Newbridge
The RILSA Board Members worked hard all season and our success is all due to their input during the season and the Chairman thanked both the Board and Committee of RILSA for all their help and support.
The RILSA Referees Panel were represented at all events during the season and we thank them for all their help and support.
We were pleased to see the return of Dave Earle to the RILSA Committee, Dave was the National Treasurer for 10 years and has great knowledge and experience and organisational skills that will be of great benefit to our Association.
The Board of RILSA want to thank all of you our members and supporters along with all our Schools, Youth reach Centres and all of our other locations across Ireland, for your kind help and support and participation during the past season and we look forward to seeing you all in the 2018-2019 season ahead.
The RILSA Website has been very successful with thousands of visits and we thank all of you our supporters and well wishers very much for your loyal commitment and support towards female cue sports.
Please continue to visit our website for all the latest news and updates, reports and our Calendar of Events for the season ahead.