The Republic of Ireland Ladies Snooker Association held their Annual General Meeting recently at D’Arcy McGees Spawell Dublin.
The RILSA Chairman Dan Carroll, gave a comprehensive report on the 2018/2019 season. Dan said “that RILSA went from strength to strength again breaking records and creating new initiatives for the 6th season in a row, an amazing success for our organisation in such a short period”
Tina Keogh gave a great report outlining the success of our association over the past season, much of which you will see from the following.
The following points show the growth and success of RILSA during the season.
- 620 members
- 322 Women & Girls participated in RILSA events since 2014
- 102 Women & Girls participated in RILSA events in the 2018/2019 season
- 140 Snooker Tables now in Schools, Youth Reach Centres, The Wheelchair Association and other locations around Ireland
- RILSA Now have a full Calendar of Events that includes all promotional initiatives introduced over the past 6 years.
- RILSA is the busiest female cue sports organisation in the World, with events every month.
- 10 Red National Championship introduced.
- 100 Up National Billiards Championship introduced.
- RILSA has been invited to send players to the Welsh Open in Cwmbran, Wales this coming July. The team is made up of Annette Newman, Valerie Maloney, Christine Carr and Tina Keogh. We at RILSA wish all the girls a very enjoyable and successful International Billiards in Wales, making history once again as these will be the first ever female players from the Republic of Ireland to participate in a World Billiards Event.
- A new International Cap Award is introduced this year to recognise all those players who represented their country at International and World events.
- Sponsorship towards the 2018/2019 RILSA Tour was secured by RILSA from Sharkx Newbridge
- A Horizon Snooker Scholarship was put in place to the value of €6,000, that will see 4 young players who will have free snooker coaching and table time at Sharkx Newbridge for one year. Out of 19 applications which we were delighted to receive, we eventually selected the following for the Scholarship, Megan Randle (Kilkenny), Roisin Beale (Kildare), Rachael Bradley (Kildare) and Jennifer Earle (Dublin) we wish all 4 girls every good wish and best of luck as they journey through this fantastic opportunity to advance their skills and enjoyment of cue sports. A big thank you to Paul & Bernie of Sharkx for providing table time to these young girls who will benefit greatly.
The RILSA Board Members worked hard all season and our success is all due to their input during the season and the Chairman thanked both the Board and Committee of RILSA for all their help and support.
The RILSA Referees Panel were represented at all events during the season and we thank them for all their help and support.
We were pleased to see the return of Dave Earle to the RILSA Committee, Dave was the National Treasurer for 10 years and has great knowledge and experience and organisational skills that will be of great benefit to our Association. Dave was elected as the Vice Chairman of RILSA and we look forward to working with Dave again as we continue to build on our already success of the past 6 years where females are given an equal opportunity to play their chosen sport.
The Board of RILSA want to thank all of you our members and supporters along with all our Schools, Youth reach Centres and all of our other locations across Ireland, for your kind help and support and participation during the past season and we look forward to seeing you all in the 2018-2019 season ahead. Thanks also to our clubs that have supported and welcomed our players to our many events during the past season, Joey’s Dublin, D’Arcy McGees Dublin, Sharkx Newbridge, CYMS Newbridge and the Royal Navan.
The RILSA Website has been very successful with thousands of visits and we thank all of you our supporters and well wishers very much for your loyal commitment and support towards female cue sports.
Please continue to visit our website for all the latest news and updates, reports and our Calendar of Events for the season ahead.